Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Data of the Dead Digital Story :Writing

    I decided to update my last will and testament. I wrote one back in 2011. But my life has changed drastically since then.

    I always new about people writng their last will and testament when they are old or sick. But I used to wonder, but what if I die tomorrow? Even though I'm only 24 years old if something were to happen to me tomorrow, I would like to leave certain thoughts and things to the people I care about. So I guess this a way I can do that.

    LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT

    I, STEPHANIE HUGHES, residing at Houston, Texas, being of sound mind, do hereby make, publish and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament and do revoke any and all other Wills and Codicils heretofore made by me.

    ARTICLE 1
    1.1 - I direct payment of my debts, funeral expenses and expenses for administration of my estate.

    ARTICLE 2
    2.1 - I direct that the rest of my estate be to my mother, HIROMI TADA. If she predeceases me, I give the rest of my estate to my sister, JULIANNE HUGHES.

    2.2 - If any beneficiary shall fail to survive me by 45 days, it shall be deemed that such person shall have predeceased me.

    2.3 - If neither my mother nor my sister survive me, I direct that the rest of my estate be divided into four equal parts. I give one part to my sister's first child; one part to my mother's mother; one part to my mother's brother, TOSHIHIKO TADA; one part to my mother's sister, NAOMI TADA.

    ARTICLE 3
    3.1 - I appoint my mother Executrix of this will. If she predeceases me, I appoint my friends (a) JOICE BAZAR and MARINA SAITOH, to said office. I direct that no appointee hereunder shall be required to give bond for the faithful performance of the duties of said office.

    ARTICLE 4
    4.1 - To the following I leave my possessions. JOICE BAZAR, I leave all of my electronics including but not limited to my phone and computer. To my sister, JULIANNE HUGHES, I leave all of my materialistic possessions including but not limited to my jewelry, make-up, clothes and shoes.

    4.2 - This Will has been prepared in duplicate, each copy of which has been executed as an original. One of these executed copies is in my possession and the other is deposited for safekeeping with my mother.

    I, Stephanie Hughes, do hereby declare to the undersigned authority that I am 18 years of age or older, of sound mind, and under no constraint or undue influence willingly sign and execute this instrument as my Last Will and Testament in the presence of the following witnesses, who witnessed and subscribed this will at my request, and in my presence at Houston, Texas on this 22nd day of August, 2015.






    1 comment:

    1. But nothing for the dear old professor or Otto Paertz?

      This is a nicely executed version of one of the more creepy ds106 assignments. But as the years go by, thinking about a Last Will becomes more of a looming reality.

      BTW, did you post a link back to the original ds106 assignment? I couldn't find one.

      ReplyDelete