Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pear Soup

This has nothing to do with CIS class but, i needed somewhere concrete where I could put up my recipe for Pear Soup! I was just hungry and didn't really have anything to cook so I made this out of the things that I had at home :P

Anyway,  I Googled "pear soup" after I had already made it just to see if there is such a thing as Pear Soup and apparently there is! And from what I can guess is that Pear Soup is originally from the UK. Of course had I known this, I would have tried to make it the standard way but I was already done cooking it before I checked.

So, there are no specific steps I think because in any order it would have come out the same. But here are the ingredients:
1 can coconut milk
half can of water
2 tea spoon dill weed
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 whole onion
1 dash of Cummin
1 dash of Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon of Sugar
1/2 pear wedged
Sliced ginger

I cooked the onions and  pear in a frying pan with a bit of oil and chilli powder. Once the onions were golden, I put them in side the pot with the coconut milk, water and ginger. As the soup was boiling, I added the rest of the spices :)

4 comments:

  1. lol this is so random and unrelated to anything else...but it's cool that way. nice to see you're having fun with your blogspace and using it as you see fit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get any pictures of your pear soup?

    More important, how did it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was actually pretty good :) It was like a sweet soup, because of the coconut milk giving it it's extra flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to me that some sort of cool digital story could be devised around food and recipes. Though I'm not exactly sure.

    ReplyDelete